On Saturday, July 14th we’re hosting a benefit for the Friends of the Pflugerville Animal Shelter. Volunteers will be here to wash your dog from 10am til 12pm. K&A Groomers will be here to do nail trims with the bath. We are asking a $15 donation for small dogs and a $20 donation for large dogs. Even if you don’t want to bring your dog for a bath, that’s an excellent price for a nail trim. Many thanks to K&A for their time and talent!!!
Danny De La Pena, from United K-9, will be here at 10am to talk about dog behavior. This is a great opportunity to learn more about your pet. Plus it is free. Many thanks to Danny for donating his time.
Then at 11am, Diane will be here to do a class that will show you how you can introduce raw foods into your pet’s diet. (My dog’s teeth are doing great because of raw bones. If Bella is here, I’ll show your her 13 year old teeth to prove it.) For everybody who attends the class, Diane has a coupon for you to trial some raw food for FREE.
This should be a fun event. Please bring the kids too. We will have face painting, cookies, and games with prizes!
Call me at the store if you have any questions. 512-251-4611. -Kim
With all the changes we’ve made at the store this last year, it’s feels like a good time to pause and celebrate the fact that we’re still here. Mark and I are proud when we think that Gaddy’s has been around for 45 years and we want to thank the all the people and organizations who have helped us remain an active part of the changing Pflugerville community.
Help us celebrate on Saturday, April 28th by dropping by the store for some birthday cake and meet a few of our friends. Here are a few of the other fun things going on at the party:
- A farm-theme petting zoo will be at the store from 10am to 2pm.
- Jessica from the Reynolds Roost will be at the store with some of her adorable chicks. Jessica is my ‘go-to’ person when people ask me if I know where they can get some hatching-eggs or healthy chicks.
- A couple of volunteers and a fantastic horse from the HELP center will be set up outside. HELP is a non-profit therapeutic riding center for people with disabilities. The HELP center has done business with Gaddy’s for almost as long as we have been around and we can’t say enough good things about this organization.
- United K9 dog training will be at the store. We had a dog food customer who started coming into the shop with her beautifully behaved dog a few months ago. It turned out she was in town to learn to be a dog trainer. And while she has moved back home to start her business, one of the trainers she worked with, Danny De La Pena, will be at Gaddy’s with their dog. We’re even talking about getting Danny to come teach a class at the store.
- Thomas Moore Feed will be at the store to promote their wild bird feed line that is formulated specially for Texas.
- Representatives from Champion Pet will be available to promote Orijen and Acana pet food, the newest dog food picked up by Gaddy’s.